Paul is a PHP Authorization of Users Library.
It is a 'pluggable' solution for adding login protected sections for your PHP powered websites and offers safe password storage and persistent logins using cookies.
To start using Paul you will only have to create a login and/or registering form and add a few lines of code to your current project or PHP script and have secure and easy user management.
Current status: pre-alpha / scraping / not usable
Paul is being rewritten with an orpan project as base: springwhiz-php It was in the starting of that project when I needed a good and secure way of authenticating users. springwhiz has been rewritten in Django, which already has great built-in user authentication. Because I wanted to be able to use these libraries I've originally written for springwhiz-php in other projects, I've started Paul.
- Login / logout / registering of authorization accounts
- Protected against password cracking (using rainbow tables), by using a site-specific salt and a different salt for each users password digestion.
- Persistent login (using cookies)
- Logout (from all persistent login sessions)
- Uses MySQL as DBMS
- Easy installation of database tables
- Uses a table prefix to use multiple instances of Paul on a single database simultaneously
- You get an easy to use MySQL database query handler for free to use in your project.
Copyright (c) 2012-2013 Benjamin Althues firstname.lastname@example.org
Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for any purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.